The University of Geneva has opened for applications Fully FUnded International Masters Scholarship in Switzerland for 2020.
|Award Type||Fully Funded|
|Institution||University of Geneva|
|Courses||Astrology, Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environment|
|Eligibility||International Students from all Nationalities|
|Deadline||March 15, 2020|
The Faculty of Science of the University, with support from various external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program for outstanding and highly motivated candidates who wish to pursue a Master’s degree (MSc) in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
This research covers a wide range of scientific disciplines: biology, astronomy, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, physics, earth sciences and the environment. The Science Faculty at the University hosts three (3) National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) as well as many other European research projects.
The scholarship is open to international students from all nationalities.
The Excellence Fellowship Scholarship programme consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded initially for one year and extended to cover for the duration of the chosen Master’s program ( which is 3 or 4 semesters) provided the student is academically successful and maintains their excellence at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
Regardless of your home country or university and whether you are a graduate or still an undergraduate, as long as you are a brilliant student and maintain it, you are qualified to apply for this programme. You must meet the admission requirement for the Masters Programme of choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
The application (which can either be in English or French) should be submitted as a single PDF file and must include the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your national identity card or International passport.
- A scanned copy of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- Transcripts of Bachelors Degree
- A Letter of motivation (statement of purpose) in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- Letters of references from two professors from your undergraduate course (preferably sent by them directly to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch) attesting your aptitude to this program. (optional but recommended)
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (Graduate Records Examination), of TOEFL, IELTS or other language tests.
The application process is online. You need to first register an account and after registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
The next application deadline is 15th of March 2020 (for Masters starting September 14, 2020).